Search AOL Mail
Video
AOL Favorites
Favorites
Menu

PF Chang's names 33 restaurants in data breach

PF Chang's Data Breach: 33 Restaurants, 16 States

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) - P.F. Chang's is providing more details on its ongoing investigation into a security breach, saying data may have been stolen from certain credit and debit cards used at 33 P.F. Chang's China Bistro restaurants in the U.S.

P.F. Chang's confirmed in June that data from credit and debit cards used at its restaurants was stolen, but didn't specify the locations at that time. On Monday the company provided a list of locations. These include P.F. Chang's restaurants in Baltimore; St. Louis; Pittsburgh; Austin, Texas; and Charlotte, North Carolina.

A list of all 33 locations, as well as the dates that cards may have been compromised, can be found at pfchangs.com/security. The company said that potentially stolen data includes the card number and may also include the cardholder's name and/or the card's expiration date in some instances.

P.F. Chang's said that it's continuously working to understand the nature and scope of the incident. It says the security compromise has been contained and that it has been processing credit and debit card data securely since June 11.

The restaurant operator noted that as the investigation continues it may identify other locations where data may have been compromised or other date ranges.

P.F. Chang's China Bistro Inc., based in Scottsdale, Arizona, owns its namesake restaurants and Pei Wei Asian Diners. The company was taken private in 2012 by Centerbridge partners LP for about $1.1 billion.

Data breaches have occurred at other major U.S. corporations recently, including Target Corp., Neiman Marcus, Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. and Michaels Stores Inc.

___

Online: http://pfchangs.com/security

More to see:
Grand Canyon investigating squirrel-kicking video
Son: Mother's Ebola should spark push for cure
Thief nabs 1M dollar's worth from 'World's Largest Closet'

Join the discussion

1000|Characters 1000  Characters
Mike August 05 2014 at 5:04 AM

I guess it's no surprise that PF Chang never makes the news for its food.

Flag Reply +4 rate up
dal August 05 2014 at 5:20 AM

Glad I have good taste in Chinese food and never eat at those dumps.A friend of mine took me to a P T Cruiser...... I mean P F Chang's once and I know one should never complain about a free meal, but it sucked to the seven levels of Hell.

Flag Reply +2 rate up
tomkota August 05 2014 at 10:45 AM

its a great thing to find out about it here insted ...calling us and telling what happened.....say by by chang....never agine

Flag Reply +1 rate up
Paul August 05 2014 at 9:34 AM

I like Chinese food especially the Chinese food my Chinese wife is cooking. Most Chinese restaurants in America serves you American Chinese food that is not real Chinese food.When we go to a Chinese restaurant it is always in a Chinese area where they are serving real Chinese food

Flag Reply +1 rate up
quincy_maxwell August 04 2014 at 6:47 PM

I haven't used a credit card, debit card or any other kind of card, since I paid them all off and cut them to shreds almost 6 years ago. I am free from these vultures and you can be too.

Flag Reply +1 rate up
2 replies
dal quincy_maxwell August 05 2014 at 5:23 AM

and what idiot puts a meal on a Credit Card? I mean you will be passing it in 12 hours or so but own interest on it at the end of the month . Lol!

Flag Reply 0 rate up
1 reply
ntweety7777 dal August 05 2014 at 12:05 PM

you would be surprised how many people pay with a credit card. Alot of people do not like to carry cash. Some people also pay off the credit card monthly. So mind your own business.

Flag 0 rate up
lasvgnv quincy_maxwell August 05 2014 at 1:00 PM

Hope you didn't "close" those accounts? That would be a huge mistake with reguard to your credit.

Flag Reply 0 rate up
AMERICASMUSEUM August 04 2014 at 6:53 PM

Better pay cash. Forget the cards.

Flag Reply +1 rate up
cgssnavickas August 04 2014 at 7:20 PM

Ate there once. Never again. Too salty and overpriced.

Flag Reply +1 rate up
forkliftman53 August 04 2014 at 9:43 PM

the food sucksand overpriced

Flag Reply 0 rate up
stock market August 05 2014 at 10:20 AM

Well, wouldn't you know.....I just rec'd the gift card in the mail I bought to give as a BD present, and it was purchased at one of the PFC's listed. I'm not a fan of PFC, but our friend is.

Flag Reply 0 rate up
alfredschrader August 04 2014 at 7:09 PM

I just heard that Google is accessing their data and selling it to third parties, especially emails. Might be a good time to dump your Google stocks.

Flag Reply 0 rate up